INFOMAR Ltd. has been founded in 1996 in Moscow by the leading experts in oceanographic and meteorological research and services – for provision for industrial, insurance, transport, shipping companies and design institutes with information support into coastal and offshore commercial projects of new market system. The hundreds contracts and projects were realized at present time. INFOMAR Ltd. is owned by its officers.
INFOMAR Ltd. provide the customer in Russia and CIS with wide range of the oceanography and meteorology instruments and sensors as well as multiparameters monitoring systems for research and operational applications for the ports, harbors, off-shore and oceans. This activity is supported by the dealer’s agreements with leading manufacturers – AANDERAA Data Instruments (Norway), SonTek (USA), General Acoustics, Nautilus Marine Service, Sea&Sun, Hydrobios (Germany), GILL (UK), StarOddi (Iceland).
The MetOcean survey of the off-shore projects is based upon the analysis of multi-year data series, archived synoptic charts, hydrodynamic and statistical modeling. All this information is used for determination of the relevant meteorological and oceanographic parameters including extreme values of atmospheric parameters as well as sea level, waves, currents possible once in a given time period for off-shore areas of interest and in accordance with the type of construction to be designed and developed.
An optimal combination of well-known Western and Russian methods and models are used. The INFOMAR develops and uses different models of marine processes including:
- A version of the well-known WAM wind wave model;
- A specialized 3D model of marine circulation with free surface, which can simulate a wide range of currents including their vertical structure, storm surges, tides;
- An oil spill transformation model.
These state-of-the-art models satisfy on all requirements of the active regulations and is thoroughly verified on base of field investigations.
The many exact customers have been satisfied with the performed by INFOMAR successfully completed projects as:
- GAZPROM, the biggest natural gas producing company in the world;
- LUKOIL, the biggest oil company in Russia;
- PETRONAS Carigali, Malaysia, biggest in Asia oil company;
- ROSSHELF and ROSNEFT (in partnership with NORSK HYDRO);
- SAKHALIN ENERGY INVESTMENT Co., International Consortium.
INFOMAR is working in close co-operation with many research institutes of the Federal Service for Hydrometeorology, Russian Academy of Sciences and leading experts who have successful experience projects in the Baltic, Barents, White, Kara, Caspian and Azov Seas, Indian and Pacific Oceans.